Sunday, April 1, 2007

Halló frá Ísland!

So I have arrived! Flew in to Keflavík Airport yesterday where the family was waiting for me. I had a really good feeling instantly when I saw them. We then went to Reykjavik, had some hamburgers for dinner and then headed for the house in Stokkseyri. Everything has been great so far. The house is wonderful and there is even a computer, a TV and a DVD player in my room! I couldn´t ask for more. Today we went to their park; it´s like a wee open-air zoo which they keep open to the public in the summer. Saw some sheep, goats, horses, chicken and turkeys today. It was a lot of fun, Can't wait to see it open.

The kids are absolutely adorable. The twins, Elísabet and Daníela (3) are to die for. Victoría (5) is superfun and Ingibjörg (13) is really sweet! There is also a cat, Romeo and a cuddly dog named Bosse. The parents are really friendly, fun to hang out with and really warm and open. I have a really good feeling about this job. I can't wait to spend the next 5 months here!

No comments: